• Leading Researcher, Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, Novosibirsk,
Russian Academy of Sciences
• Professor, Novosibirsk State University
• Birth: August 7, 1946, Semipalatinsk, USSR.
• Family status: Married, 2 children.
Fields of research:
Group Theory: Soluble Groups, Combinatorial Group Theory, Pro-p-groups,
Algebraic Geometry over Groups.
1986 – D.D. (Doctor of Sciences), Institute of Mathematics,
1971 – Ph.D. (Candidate of Sciences), Institute of Mathematics,
1964-1969 – Student, Novosibirsk State University,
Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, Russian Academy of Sciences,
• 1987 - present time - Leading Researcher
• 1976-1987 - Senior Researcher
• 1971-1976 – Scientific Secretary of the Institute
• 1969-1971 - Junior Researcher
Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia
• 1994 - present time - Professor
• 1978-1994 - Associate Professor
• 1969-1978 - Teaching Assistant
Algebra, Group Theory, Galois Theory, Soluble Groups, Profinite
List of Main and Recent Papers