Sobolev Institute of Mathematics
Novosibirsk State University
Association for Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis of the Russian
VIIth International Symposium “Knowledge - Ontology - Theory” (KONT-19)
7 – 11 October 2019.
The VIIth International Symposium “Knowledge - Ontology - Theory” (KONT-19) will be held on 7 – 11 October 2019. The focus of the symposium is mathematical methods of data analysis and representation, data mining and knowledge acquisition, construction of subject domains theories, semantic and ontological models, as well as methods of information extraction from natural language texts. All accepted papers will be published in the symposium proceedings, which will be indexed in the Russian Science Citation Index. It is intended to index the published works in the Scopus.
Symposium topics reflect the main stages of knowledge discovery process:
- Discovering of patterns and extraction of knowledge contained in structured and unstructured data. Machine learning. Image recognition. Forecasting. Inductive reasoning.
- Systematization of knowledge. Knowledge engineering. Knowledge management. Knowledge extraction from natural language texts. Development of subject domain ontologies: technologies of ontology development and application.
- Generation of subject domain theories. Development of ontological and semantic models of subject domain. Formal Concept Analysis. Logical semantics of natural language. Fuzzy logic.
Symposium Program Committee:
Zhuravlev Yu. I., Full Member of the RAS
Prof. D. E. Palchunov
Prof. D. I. Sviridenko
Ablameyko S. V. (Minsk, Belarus)
Bartussek W. (Sulzbach, Germany)
Bense Ch. (Dortmund, Germany)
Borisova I. A. (Novosibirsk)
Cheremisina E. N. (Dubna, Russia)
Fedotov A. M. (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Ganter B. (Dresden, Germany)
Gavrilova T. A. (St. Petersburg, Russia)
Goncharov S. S. (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Gribova V. V. (Vladivostok, Russia)
Herre H. (Leipzig, Germany)
Kelmanov A. V. (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Khazankin G. R. (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Kolchanov N. A. (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Kovalerchuk B. (Seattle, USA)
Kuznetsov S. O. (Moscow, Russia)
Lukashevich N. V. (Moscow, Russia)
Mantsivoda A. V. (Irkutsk, Russia)
Marchuk A. G. (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Markov K. (Sofia, Bulgaria)
Massel L. V. (Irkutsk, Russia)
Passou A. (Frankfurt am Main, Germany)
Råibold A. (Darmstadt, Germany)
Shafermeyer R. (Berlin, Germany)
Smirnov S. V. (Samara, Russia)
Tarasenko Ph. P. (Tomsk, Russia)
Tselishchev V. V. (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Vasenin V. A. (Moscow, Russia)
Vassilyev S. N. (Moscow, Russia)
Vityaev E. E. (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Wolff K. E. (Darmstadt, Germany)
Yakhyaeva G. E. (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Zagorulko Yu. A. (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Zelger J. (Innsbruck, Austria)
Palchunov D. E., Chair
Miroshnichenko L. A.
Naydanov Ch. A., Scientific secretary
Ryaskin A. N.
Salomatina N. V.
Vasilenko N. M.
Yakhyaeva G. E.
Trofimova E. A.
Shamova V. V.
The symposium will consist of plenary and session presentations, and discussions on chosen topics. Working languages are Russian and English.
To register, please fill and send us the registration form at email@example.com, with the subject “Participation”.
Also you can fill it online.
The symposium participants can submit full papers for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library:
◦ Full paper submission deadline: 15-May-2019
◦ Notification of acceptance date: 15-Jul-2019
◦ Final paper submission deadline: 30-Jul-2019
Papers should strictly follow IEEE format (www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html) and be limited to 6 pages. A charge of 1000 RUB will be applied for each extra page.
To determine whether the papers are compatible with Xplore (and how to fix the files if they are not) please follow this link: www.pdf-express.org/plus/ (using the 48586XP for the Conference ID). When you are happy with the PDF file, click on the «approve for collection» link.
Please take note that IEEE has a strict policy on No-Show. Therefore, if your paper is accepted, one of the authors and their representatives MUST PRESENT their paper at the symposium. Papers with NO SHOW participants will not be submitted to IEEExplore.
Check the Abstract format: In order for an abstract to be effective when displayed in IEEE Xplore® as well as through indexing services such as Compendex, INSPEC, Medline, ProQuest, and Web of Science, it must be an accurate, stand-alone reflection of the contents of the article. It is important to state the primary objective, describe your research/design methodology and procedures you employed, the main outcomes and results, and the conclusions that might be drawn from these data and results. In particular, check that it complies with the IEEE Xplore Abstract Format:
◦ The abstract must be between 150-250 words. Be sure that you adhere to these limits; otherwise, you will need to edit your abstract accordingly.
◦ The abstract must be self-contained, without abbreviations, footnotes, or references. It should be a microcosm of the full article.
◦ The abstract must be written as one paragraph, and should not contain displayed mathematical equations or tabular material.
◦ The abstract should include three or four different keywords or phrases, as this will help readers to find it. It is important to avoid over-repetition of such phrases as this can result in a page being rejected by search engines.
Plagiarism: Make sure that your paper is substantially different (less than 60% overlap) from (your) previously published work. Manuscripts will be checked for plagiarism and multiple publication using IEEE CrossCheck Portal (crosscheck.ieee.org).
Papers will be reviewed with the standard reviewing procedure (with at least 3 independent anonymous reviews).
The papers must be sent by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and also uploaded to the collection on the IEEE PDF eXpress.
Participants will be accommodated in hotels in Akademgorodok and Novosibirsk.
◦ Regular: 4000 RUB. 30% discount for an additional paper. Participant can not be co-author of more than three papers.
◦ IEEE Member: 3000 RUB. 30% discount for an additional paper. Participant can not be co-author of more than three papers.
◦ Postgraduate Student (first author & speaker): 3000 RUB. 30% discount for an additional paper. Participant can not be co-author of more than three articles.
◦ A charge of 1000 RUB will be applied for each extra page.